- Why NBP
- Get Published!
- Christian Publishing
- Author Resources: Home
- Getting Up When You are Down Press Release
- Among the Myrtle Trees Press Release
- Your Last Breath Press Release
- Here's the Deal Press Release
- Lords or Servants Press Release
- Making Sense Out Of Life Press Release
- Mystery Accomplished Press Release
- Out of the Devil's Caldron Press Release
- Relational Theology Press Release
- Running Through the Scary Woods Press Release
- Sammy Comes Home Press Release
- Recall Press Release
- Heaven or Hell Press Release
- A Dog Named Valor Press Release
- Granny's Rocker Press Release
- Treasures From the King Press Release
- Daddy, Do Cowboys Pray Press Release
- Author Help Links
- NBP Staff Blogs
- Podcasts & Videos
About Dr. Frankie O. Phillips
Dr. Frankie O. Phillips, Sr. is seventy-nine years old. He was born in Santa Rosa County, Florida, and grew up in south Alabama. For a short time during WWII his family lived in Mobile so his daddy could work in the shipyard.
He graduated from W.S. Neal High School, East Brewton, Alabama, in 1953. He attended one year of Bible School in Missouri before volunteering to be drafted into the U.S. Army in order to receive the G.I. Bill to be able to go to college. He received a B.S. degree from Troy State College.
While teaching school, he earned a master’s degree in education administration from Auburn University. After working several years as a school administrator, he went to the University of Georgia where he earned a doctorate in education administration. After several years on faculty at Georgia, he served as the head of a large private school in Montgomery, Alabama, and in various administrative roles in school systems.
He is married to the former Willette Brown, and they live in her old home place near Castleberry, Ala. They have three children and a bunch of grandchildren. Over the years, he served as a pastor until 2010 when he became physically disabled. For the past three years, Dr. Phillips has focused on writing. He will publish another book entitled "A Life Packed Full," a compilation of stories told in sermons by his brother, H. Syvelle Phillips, founder and leader of Evangel Bible Translators. He plans to do two books of sermons; one of his own sermons, and one of his brother’s sermons. He has plans for a study guide for God’s Alternative Society, and a Bible study book entitled, “The Big Bible Study Book”. Then he plans to get a job.
Dr. Frankie O. Phillips, Sr.
Living in God’s Alternative Society: The Place for Spirit-Led Living presents the challenge of living in this world while not being a part of it. The believer faces the impossible challenge of living...