The Base Package is our most economical package.
It is the nuts and bolts without the bells and whistles. It is a great way to get published for the more budget-concerned author, without all the marketing, publicity, sales and distribution assistance.
What is excluded from the Base Package:
While this package has the basics, it is missing three big things:
- US Copyright Registration—Copyrighting is something that is very important to protect your words and your hard work. Our other packages include this. We strongly advise that if you do choose this package, you still do get your book copyrighted. We can handle this for you as an additional charge, or you can upgrade to another package that includes it. Either way, you don’t want someone to claim your hard work as their own. We want you to be protected!
- Book Storage and Order Fulfillment—When someone orders your book, you have to ship it to them, which means you have to store all of your books in your living room or garage. I don’t know about you, but boxes are not my favorite décor. What our other packages offer, that this one does not, is book storage in our 90,000 square foot warehouse, where we will handle the storage and shipping for every book that is ordered. We keep the books in our “living room” and we ship out every book with the same care and attention you would. What does that mean for you? You just get to collect the money, and don’t have to worry about a thing. Every reader gets a carefully packaged book delivered to them quickly and you don’t lift a finger. Doesn’t that sound nice?
- Book Marketing & Publicity—In order to sell books, readers need to know about your book. Included in our other packages is listing your book on Amazon.com as well as other book retail sites. We do have Publicity and Marketing packages that you can purchase to add to the Base Package to help ramp up sales, but if your book can only be found in your living room, it will take a long time for it to become a best seller!
Included in the Base Package is:
- One-on-One Author Support—We schedule a conference call with you to review the initial cover and galley proof. Our Publishing Consultants are always available by phone or email to every one of our authors.
- Template Full-Color Cover—Our talented design team will create a template cover that will include your title, subtitle (if applicable) and author name. *Note: None of our cover designs included in our standard publishing packages involve original drawn illustrations. If the author desires original, custom-drawn illustrations, the author can provide that or we can supply a list of illustrators.
- Template Interior Design
- Electronic Proof—Once our design team has completed the first draft of your interior pages and cover design, you will receive an electronic proof. From this point on, our design team will make up to 2 hours worth of changes, for no additional charge.
- Personalized Back Cover—Add your photo, a short bio, a synopsis of the book—whatever you would like to assist the reader in their buying decision.
- Choice of Trim Size—Our common sizes are 5.5" x 8.5" and 6" x 9". Just ask one of our friendly publishing consultants.
- ISBN & Barcode Assignment—Your book will have a unique International Standard Book Number (ISBN) and UPC Barcode so that booksellers and other retailers can find and order your book.
- Library of Congress—Your book will be on file with the Library of Congress and the PCN number will be included in the copyright page of your book.
- Nonexclusive Contract—With NewBookPublishing, you the author have complete authority to do whatever you would like to with your book, even if that means going to a big New York publisher.
- Book Listing on NewBookPublsihing.com